Our programs, guided by our mission, help PAs and PA students make an impact – with their patients, in their communities and for their profession, locally and worldwide. Contributions from AAPA members, individual donors, and corporate sponsors directly fund these powerful programs.
Grants and Fellowships
- IMPACT Grants encourage and support PA and PA student involvement in the development of community-based programs that foster innovation and improve health.
- Global Outreach Grants and Robert K. Pedersen Global Outreach Grants fund projects that enhance or expand existing programs and provide the participating PAs and students an invaluable learning experience in healthcare delivery, leadership and project management.
- The Breitman-Dorn Research Fellowship provides financial assistance to doctoral candidates who are making a contribution to research on the influence of PAs on medical care.
- The Josanne Kissel Pagel PAs in Administration Award aims to support PAs serving in administrative positions in health systems who are focused on enhancing their administrative skills and promoting opportunities for other PAs in pursuing clinically administrative roles.
- The William H. Marquardt Community Health Access Fellowship aims to benefit PAs serving in mentoring and/or precepting roles who are dedicated to promoting accessible primary and preventive healthcare amongst underserved populations.
- The NIDA Mentored Outreach Award funds outreach awards to support the development of expertise in substance use disorders (SUD), especially opioid use disorders (OUD), through completion of a mentor-supervised project focused on adoption and/or dissemination of SUD treatment research and the publication of the results.
PA Student Programs
PA Foundation scholarships provide financial support for PA students who are passionate about the PA profession and improving health through service.
The Foundation develops PA student programs/resources focused on prevention of prescription opioid misuse. Current offerings include:
- Preventing Prescription Opioid Misuse
- Addressing Pain Management Via Telemedicine
- Preventing Prescription Opioid Misuse in Special Patient Populations
The Foundation’s mental health outreach programs equip PAs with resources to lead mental health outreach in their communities.
The Nutrition Outreach Fellowship provides PAs with special training and resources on nutrition to both enhance their clinical practice and to give back to their healthcare peers and the community at large.
The Foundation offers substance use disorder programs and resources that aim to prepare PAs present and future to prevent misuse of prescription opioids. Resources include a guide for PA students, “Preparing to Address Substance Use Disorder in Practice.”
- The Vital Minds podcast series explores topics of relevance to the PA and healthcare provider audience, ranging from mental health to obesity to pain management and more.
- The “In the Words of PAs” blog series features posts from PA authors, including grant, scholarship, and award recipients and other PA leaders.
- The PA Foundation provides resources for PAs to use and share with patients in their practice.