The PA Foundation IMPACT Grant Program provides funding to encourage and support PA and PA student involvement in programs that improve health, consistent with the mission, values and vision of the PA Foundation. Through the program, the Foundation seeks to support patient-focused, community-based health projects that demonstrate an impact on patient health outcomes.
2020 Application Cycle
The 2020 IMPACT Grant cycle is now closed.
Who Can Apply?
All grant applications must be submitted by one or more PAs or PA students who are members in good standing of AAPA. Applications must be made in conjunction with a nonprofit sponsoring organization, such as a nonprofit hospital or nonprofit community organization, an accredited PA Program, or an AAPA Constituent Organization. Depending upon the specific project and the potential liability it may involve, the PA Foundation reserves the right to condition approval of an application on affiliation with a sponsoring organization. In the evaluation process, preference will be given to those applicants who have not already been awarded a grant from the PA Foundation within the preceding 12 months (including both IMPACT Grants and Global Outreach Grants).
- General healthcare projects/programs – addressing any health issue or challenge
- Mental health-focused projects/programs – addressing mental health patient outcomes and/or mental health education
Preference will be given to:
- Projects/programs focused on patient education and health outcomes
- Projects/programs that test new PA-led models of care that integrate education into clinical visits
- If general: may address chronic disease management, underserved populations
- If mental health-focused: may include screening/referral methods, integrating mental health education into clinical visits
- Optional, if choosing mental health focus: Projects/programs focused on reducing stigma associated with mental health disorders
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Clarity of the goals and activities of the project
- Demonstration of PA leadership and involvement
- Impact on the health of the target population
Please note that grant funds may not be used to pay salaries or to reimburse organizations for salaries. Grant funding will not be provided to cover any indirect/administrative costs.
IMPACT Grant Requirements & Application
Please read the 2020 IMPACT Grant Qualifications and Requirements Document before applying for the IMPACT Grants.
A written proposal (maximum 6 pages) addressing the following questions is required:
- What is the health problem this project seeks to address? OR How does this project address the mental health crisis, particularly in the areas of screening/referral, patient education, and stigma reduction?
- What are the characteristics of the patient population this project will serve?
- What primary objectives/milestones does this project aim to achieve?
- Describe the evaluation strategies to be utilized in measuring the success of the program or project. What points of data do you anticipate collecting during this project to measure impact, if any?
- What role will PA(s) and/or PA students play in the program? Indicate how PA value and/or PA utilization is critical in attaining the project objectives.
- What infrastructure is in place—or will be in place—to support the project?
- Briefly summarize how the IMPACT Grant funding will improve or enhance population health of the community. What impact will this grant funding have on the success of this program/project?
- How will outcomes/results be disseminated (e.g., poster, presentation, publication, etc.)?
- Include a timeline for the proposed project.
- Is the project replicable? Is the project’s impact sustainable? Please explain.
- Is any portion of the project being funded by another source, and/or is this project part of a larger funding proposal? Will there be other support for the project (in-kind, matching funds, etc.)?
In addition to the written proposal, the following supporting materials are also required:
- Detailed project budget
- Letter of support signed by an official of the sponsoring organization
Application deadline: March 16, 2020
IMPACT Grant Recipients
Questions? Contact Caroline Pierce at [email protected] or 571-319-4510.