The Physician Associate Foundation is a national nonprofit organization that promotes better health and wellness by providing PAs and PA students with philanthropic opportunities and resources. It is the philanthropic arm of the American Academy of PAs (AAPA), representing a profession of approximately 168,000 PAs across all medical and surgical specialties in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, U.S. territories, and the uniformed services.
Since 1977, the PA Foundation has worked to promote better health and to positively impact the lives of PAs, students, their patients, and the communities they serve.
Our Mission – Our Core Purpose
- To empower PAs to improve health through philanthropy and service.
Our Vision – Our Picture of the Ideal Future
- PAs connecting clinical expertise and compassion to community need.
Our Values – What We Stand For
- Making a Difference – PAs are passionate about and committed to delivering tangible results that make a positive difference in people’s health.
- Inspiring the Next Generation – PAs are committed to ensuring that PA students have opportunities to contribute and serve.
- Supporting Patient Education – PAs recognize the value of engaging patients in their own health care.
Our Goals – Our Focus for the Next 3 Years
Goal 1: Expand opportunities for PAs to give back.
Goal 2: Support PA efforts to engage patients in their own healthcare.
Goal 3: Establish a sustainable business model to support the new PA Foundation strategic direction.