Over the years, the PA Foundation has awarded more than $2.25 million in scholarships to PA students, benefitting more than 1,400 future PAs. Scholarships are awarded based on the availability of funds provided through contributions from AAPA members, other individuals, and corporate partners.
Scholarship applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a student member of AAPA
- Attend an ARC-PA-accredited PA program
- Have successfully completed at least one term of PA studies (semester or quarter) and be in good academic standing
- Be enrolled in PA school at the time the application period closes (May 31, 2017)
2017 PA Student Scholarship Cycle
The 2017 scholarship cycle is now closed. The following scholarships were offered through the 2017 cycle:
- PA Foundation Scholarship – 9 to be awarded @ $1,000 each
Open to all applicants who meet the general eligibility criteria listed above.
- AAPA Past Presidents Scholarship – 1 to be awarded @ $1,000
Awarded to students who demonstrate service leadership through their PA program or through a community health organization/project.
- NCCPA Endowed Scholarship – 2 to be awarded @ $2,000 each
Awarded to underrepresented minority students and/or those who are economically and/or educationally disadvantaged (see definitions of these criteria here).
- AAPA Rural Health Caucus Scholarship and Ron Nelson Memorial Scholarship – 3 to be awarded @ $2,000 each
Awarded to students from a rural area who are committed to serving a rural community.
- Ron Pace Memorial Scholarship – 1 to be awarded @ $1,000
Awarded to a Florida-based student who is a veteran or the child/dependent of a veteran. Named in memory of Ron Pace, a Florida Academy of Physician Assistants past president and AAPA Outstanding PA of the Year Award recipient, who served in the U.S. Navy for 20 years.
Questions? Contact Caroline Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-319-4510.
2017 PA Foundation Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations to the 18 PA students who were awarded scholarships during the 2017 application cycle.