Over the years, the PA Foundation has awarded more than $2.25 million in scholarships to PA students, benefitting more than 1,400 future PAs. Scholarships are awarded based on the availability of funds provided through contributions from AAPA members, other individuals, and corporate partners.
Scholarship applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a student member of AAPA
- Attend an ARC-PA-accredited PA program
- Have successfully completed at least one term of PA studies and be in good academic standing
- Be enrolled in PA school at the time the application period closes
Recognizing that a diverse workforce is essential to improving healthcare delivery to underserved populations and reducing health disparities as the PA profession grows, the following scholarships are awarded to underrepresented minority students and/or those who are economically and/or educationally disadvantaged (see definitions of these criteria here).
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Endowed Scholarship
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) Endowed Scholarship
- PA Foundation Scholarship
- AAPA Past Presidents Scholarship
In addition, the following special focus scholarships are awarded:
- AAPA Rural Health Caucus Scholarship and Ron Nelson Memorial Scholarship — awarded to students from a rural area who are committed to serving a rural community.
- Ron Pace Memorial Scholarship — one $1,000 award to a Florida-based student who is a veteran or the child/dependent of a veteran. Named in memory of Ron Pace, a Florida Academy of Physician Assistants past president and AAPA Outstanding PA of the Year Award recipient, who served in the U.S. Navy for 20 years.
PA Student Scholarship Applications
The 2016 scholarship cycle is now closed.
Questions? Contact Caroline Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-319-4510.
Additional Financial Aid Resources
Information about additional financial aid resources for PA students is available in the Student Academy section of the AAPA website.
2016 PA Foundation Scholarship Recipients
Congratulations to the 16 PA students who were awarded scholarships during the 2016 application cycle.