All Together Now: Virtual Student Program on Genetics and Research (March 28, March 31, April 19, or June 6, 2023)
This two-hour interactive presentation will prepare future healthcare providers to apply genetic medicine in clinical practice; better understand concepts of precision medicine and its role in care delivery; recognize the role of social determinants of health in patient health outcomes and address them in practice; and appreciate the importance of PA research and learn about resources available to PAs conducting research.
Featuring expert faculty presenters:
- Precision Medicine: DeShana Collett, PhD, PA-C – University of Kentucky
- Research: Nicholas Hudak, PhD, MPA, MSEd, PA-C – Duke University School of Medicine
- Genetics: Nguyen Park, DMSc, MS, PA-C – Society of PAs in Genetics and Genomics
- All of Us Research Program: Sheri Schully, PhD – NIH All of Us Research Program
- Moderated by: Nina Multak, PhD, PA-C – University of Florida College of Medicine
The virtual presentation is scheduled for the following dates (same content presented on each date):
- March 28, 11: 00 – 1: 00 pm (ET) REGISTER HERE
- March 31, 12:00 – 2: 00 pm (ET) REGISTER HERE
- April 19, 11: 00 – 1: 00 pm (ET) REGISTER HERE
- June 6, 11: 00 – 1: 00 pm (ET) REGISTER HERE
Brought to you by the PA Education Association, American Academy of PAs, and PA Foundation in collaboration with the NIH All of Us Research Program.
PA Night Out (formerly Party for a Purpose)
Monday, May 22
7 – 10 p.m.
To create an even more spacious event with ample networking and entertainment, PAF has paired up with AAPA to create PA Night Out. An even bigger and better Party for a Purpose!
The event is slightly different this year, but the core is still PAF and funding the foundation to support practicing and future PAs across the country. We’re delighted to present conferencegoers with a bigger opportunity this year. If you’d like to learn more, explore our webpage with other details about the event. However, we’d like to detail a few key changes.
- The event will be hosted at 5 bars in downtown Nashville. 4/5 bars will be open to all to attend, as a ticket to PANO is included in your conference registration fee!
- 4 of the 5 venues will be managed by AAPA volunteers and staff.
- There will be a VIP event, which is what will be replacing PFAP, which requires the purchase of a VIP ticket. The VIP ticket will get you into our premier venue at 1 of the 5 PANO bar venues: Luke’s 32 Bridge. This premier venue will have a surprise performer!
- All proceeds for ticket sales will benefit the foundation.
- All donations made at any of the venues will additionally benefit the Foundation.
- This venue will be managed by PAF volunteers and staff.
Interested in an enhanced VIP experience? Upgrade by purchasing a VIP ticket, which includes VIP-only entry lines and designated areas within the venues, an exclusive swag item, and additional drink ticket. VIP ticket quantities are limited.
Log back into the registration dashboard and get yours before they’re sold out! All proceeds from VIP ticket sales benefit the PA Foundation.
Must be 21 years of age or older to attend PA Night Out.
Special thanks to our generous sponsors!
*One drink ticket provided.
Interested in sponsorship opportunities at PA Night Out? Contact Heather Teplitz at [email protected]
Women in Philanthropy Reception
Tuesday, May 23
5-6:30 p.m. in the Nashville Omni
Everyone is welcome to join!
Join fellow members of Women in Philanthropy for a night of networking and education. We will be hosting Laura McClary, DHSc, MHEd, PA-C, as she presents “Title IX: Sexual Discrimination, Harassment, and Misconduct – Preparing to Address the Reality.” Hear Laura discuss changes and implementation of Title IX Law, identify the legal rights and due process of students and employees, and education institutions’ obligations to students and the standard for negligence. Log back into the registration dashboard to add the Women in Philanthropy Recepetion to your registration today!
Attendees will be able to walk away feeling confident about what Title IX means to PAs, their colleagues, and students; know their legal rights and the due process; gain awareness of mandatory reporting and the responsibilities that brings; and strategies, tools, and resources to better protect yourself, employees, and students if Title IX issues arise.