Thank you to Bill Marquardt for his generous support to make this fellowship possible and his dedication to the PA Foundation.
Bill served as president of AAPA from 1992-1993 and also actively served the PA Foundation in various roles, including as chair of the scholarship committee.
The William H. Marquardt Community Health Access Fellowship aims to benefit PAs serving in mentoring and/or precepting roles who are dedicated to promoting accessible primary and preventive healthcare amongst underserved populations.
Self-nominations as well as nominations by individuals seeking to honor/recognize preceptors/mentors will be accepted.
Two fellowship awards in the amount of $2,500 will be distributed.
- Member in good standing of AAPA
- Employment history reflects a strong focus in primary care
- Demonstrates strong history of participation in community health initiatives
- Demonstrates experience of collaborative work with other healthcare providers
The application form will include the following sections/required components:
- General information
- Community health and collaborative service activities (volunteer or through employment)
- Essay describing your experiences and interest in community health initiatives and primary care medicine
Fellowship Amount: $2,500 (2 awards available)
2019 Application Cycle
The 2019 cycle is now open.
Deadline: September 13, 2019
Questions? Please contact Caroline Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org.