Vital Minds is a podcast of the PA Foundation, a national nonprofit organization that promotes better health and wellness by providing PAs and PA students with philanthropic opportunities and resources. Each Vital Minds episode features a conversation between host James Millward, an early career PA, and a guest expert on a topic of relevance to the PA and healthcare provider audience, ranging from mental health to obesity to pain management and many more.
Episode 7 – June 2018
Topic: Extending the Practice Environment for Treating Patients with Opioid and Alcohol Use Disorder
Host: James Millward, DMSc, PA-C
Guest: Christopher Ortiz, PA-C, EMT-P
Support for this episode of Vital Minds is provided by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, Clinical Trials Network Dissemination Initiative.
CME credit is available through AAPA Learning Central for this episode. Visit the Learning Central site to access the podcast episode and evaluation.
- NIDA CTN Dissemination Initiative
- Adolescent Substance Use Screening Tools
- SAMHSA Opioid Overdose Prevention Toolkit
- STAT News: How effective is medication-assisted treatment for addiction? Here’s the science
- Comparative effectiveness of extended-release naltrexone versus buprenorphine-naloxone for opioid relapse prevention (X:BOT): a multicentre, open-label, randomised controlled trial
- Allied Against Opioid Abuse
- PA Foundation SUD resources – “Shutting Down Stigma Against SUD” video