Vital Minds is a podcast of the PA Foundation, a national nonprofit organization that promotes better health and wellness by providing PAs and PA students with philanthropic opportunities and resources. Each Vital Minds episode features a conversation between host James Millward, an early career PA, and a guest expert on a topic of relevance to the PA and healthcare provider audience, ranging from mental health to obesity to pain management and many more.
Episode 7 – June 2018
Topic: Extending the Practice Environment for Treating Patients with Opioid and Alcohol Use Disorder
Host: James Millward, DMSc, PA-C
Guest: Christopher Ortiz, PA-C, EMT-P
Support for this episode of Vital Minds is provided by the National Institute on Drug Abuse, Clinical Trials Network Dissemination Initiative.
- NIDA CTN Dissemination Initiative
- Adolescent Substance Use Screening Tools
- SAMHSA Opioid Overdose Prevention Toolkit
- STAT News: How effective is medication-assisted treatment for addiction? Here’s the science
- Comparative effectiveness of extended-release naltrexone versus buprenorphine-naloxone for opioid relapse prevention (X:BOT): a multicentre, open-label, randomised controlled trial
- Allied Against Opioid Abuse
- PA Foundation SUD resources – “Shutting Down Stigma Against SUD” video