Episode 25 – July 2022
Topic: Mild Cognitive Impairment: The Importance of Early Screening and Intervention
Host: James Millward, DMSc, PA-C
Guests: Cynthia (Dunn) Beam, MPAS, PA-C, and Rebecca Loomis, MSPAS, PA-C
Support for this episode of Vital Minds is provided by Eisai.
- Montreal Cognitive Assessment (The MoCA Test)
- Mini-Cog© – Quick Screening for Early Dementia Detection
- Mini Mental State Examination (MMSE)
- The Gerontological Society of America – The GSA KAER Toolkit for Primary Care Teams
- Alzheimer’s Association – Use of the Functional Activities Questionnaire in Older Adults with Dementia
- Alzheimer’s Association – AD8 Dementia Screening Interview
- Alzheimer’s Association – Cognitive Assessment for Professionals
- American Academy of Family Physicians – Cognitive and Functional Assessment Tools
- Alzheimer’s Association – 10 Early Signs and Symptoms of Alzheimer’s
- Eldercare Locator – Area Agencies on Aging
Vital Minds is a podcast of the PA Foundation, a national nonprofit organization that promotes better health and wellness by providing PAs and PA students with philanthropic opportunities and resources. Each Vital Minds episode features a conversation between host James Millward, an early career PA, and a guest expert on a topic of relevance to the PA and healthcare provider audience, ranging from mental health to obesity to pain management and many more.