Vital Minds is a podcast of the PA Foundation, a national nonprofit organization that promotes better health and wellness by providing PAs and PA students with philanthropic opportunities and resources. Each Vital Minds episode features a conversation between host James Millward, an early career PA, and a guest expert on a topic of relevance to the PA and healthcare provider audience, ranging from mental health to obesity to pain management and many more.
Episode 20 – February 2021
Topic: Telemedicine, Treating Pain, and the Prescription Decision
Host: James Millward, DMSc, PA-C
Guest: Jeremy Adler, DMSc, PA-C
Support for this episode is provided by Allied Against Opioid Abuse, a national education and awareness initiative to help prevent the abuse and misuse of prescription opioids.
- Allied Against Opioid Abuse
- CDC – Using Telehealth to Expand Access to Essential Health Services during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- DEA – COVID-19 Information Page
- HHS – Policy changes during COVID-19
- CMS.gov – Medicare Telemedicine Health Care Provider Fact Sheet
- Opioid Risk Tool (ORT)
- Center to Advance Palliative Care – Outpatient Opioid Prescribing During COVID-19
- Practical Pain Management – How HCPs Can Use Telemedicine in the Time of Coronavirus
- Advisory Board – Opioid monthly: America’s telemedicine boom has improved access to treatment for opioid use disorder
- Mayo Clinic Proceedings – Telemedicine’s Role in Addressing the Opioid Epidemic