Vital Minds is a podcast of the PA Foundation, a national nonprofit organization that promotes better health and wellness by providing PAs and PA students with philanthropic opportunities and resources. Each Vital Minds episode features a conversation between host James Millward, an early career PA, and a guest expert on a topic of relevance to the PA and healthcare provider audience, ranging from mental health to obesity to pain management and many more.
Episode 13 – September 2019
Topic: Food for Thought: Reframing Nutrition with Patients
Host: James Millward, DMSc, PA-C
Guest: Ellen Mandel, MPA, PA-C, RDN, CDE
Support for this episode of Vital Minds is provided by Abbott Nutrition.
- AAPA CME Central – Nutrition Toolkit
- Jean Ferrières – “The French paradox: lessons for other countries”
- American Diabetes Association – Prediabetes resources
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics – EatRight.org
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (hhs.gov) – Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (health.gov) – Dietary Guidelines
- USDA Center for Nutrition Policy & Promotion – ChooseMyPlate.gov