Vital Minds Podcast
Vital Minds is a podcast of the PA Foundation, a national nonprofit organization that promotes better health and wellness by providing PAs and PA students with philanthropic opportunities and resources. Each Vital Minds episode features a conversation between host James Millward, an early career PA, and a guest expert on a topic of relevance to the PA and healthcare provider audience, ranging from mental health to obesity to pain management and many more.
Episode 5 – November 2017
Topic: Diabetes and cardiovascular disease
Host: James Millward, DMSc, PA-C
Guest: Scott Urquhart, PA-C, DFAAPA
Support for this episode of Vital Minds is provided by Novo Nordisk, a global healthcare company with more than 90 years of innovation and leadership in diabetes care, and experience that enables them to help people defeat other serious chronic conditions including: rare bleeding disorders, growth hormone-related disorders, and obesity.
- Diabetes Leadership Edge: Advancing PA Leadership in the Management of Type 2 Diabetes | Module 4 – Pharmacotherapy
- Diabetes resources – AAPA Learning Central
- Multifactorial Intervention and Cardiovascular Disease in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes
- Cardiovascular risk assessment in patients with diabetes
- Current perspectives on cardiovascular outcome trials in diabetes
- Clinical Implications of Cardiovascular Outcome Trials in Type 2 Diabetes: From DCCT to EMPA-REG
- Cardiovascular Risk Reduction in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes