Episode 27 – December 2022
Topic: Flu Vaccination: Navigating Clinical Guidance and Addressing Hesitancy
Host: James Millward, DMSc, PA-C
Guests: Felicia Gutierrez, PA-C; Sarah McQueen, DMS, PA-C; Justin Wolfe MHS, PA-C
Support for this episode of Vital Minds is provided by Sanofi.
- AAPA/PA Foundation animated video – “Flu Vaccine: The More You Know”
- “In the Words of PAs” blog post – “Flu Vaccination: Using the Health Belief Model to Increase Vaccine Uptake”
- JAAPA: October 2022 – “Using the Health Belief Model to improve influenza vaccination rates”
- CDC – Influenza (Flu)
- CDC – Key Facts About Influenza (Flu)
- CDC – Prevention and Control of Seasonal Influenza with Vaccines: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices – United States, 2022–23 Influenza Season
- CDC – Adjuvanted Flu Vaccine
- Sanofi – Flu Shot Importance Flash Card
- Sanofi – Myth Busters Flash Card
Vital Minds is a podcast of the PA Foundation, a national nonprofit organization that promotes better health and wellness by providing PAs and PA students with philanthropic opportunities and resources. Each Vital Minds episode features a conversation between host James Millward, an early career PA, and a guest expert on a topic of relevance to the PA and healthcare provider audience, ranging from mental health to obesity to pain management and many more.