Vital Minds is a podcast of the PA Foundation, a national nonprofit organization that promotes better health and wellness by providing PAs and PA students with philanthropic opportunities and resources. Each Vital Minds episode features a conversation between host James Millward, an early career PA, and a guest expert on a topic of relevance to the PA and healthcare provider audience, ranging from mental health to obesity to pain management and many more.
Episode 24 – May 2022
Topic: Addressing Food Allergy: Working with Patients and Caregivers
Guest Host: Addressing Food Allergy: Working with Patients and Caregivers
Guests: Amanda Michaud, MMS, PA-C, AE-C, DMSc Fellow, and Brian Bizik, MS, PA-C
Support for this episode of Vital Minds is provided by the National Peanut Board.
- National Library of Medicine PubMed.gov – Randomized trial of peanut consumption in infants at risk for peanut allergy
- NIAID – Addendum Guidelines for the Prevention of Peanut Allergy in the United States
- Ready Set Food – How to Follow the NIAID Guidelines on Peanut Introduction
- Healthy Children – AAP Clinical Report Highlights Early Introduction of Peanut-based Foods to Prevent Allergies
- The National Peanut Board – Managing Peanut Allergies
- FARE – Learning Early About Peanut Allergy (LEAP)
- Food Allergy Canada – Early Introduction