Episode 22 – June 2021
Topic: Get to Know All of Us: Precision Medicine and the Future of Healthcare
Host: James Millward, DMSc, PA-C
Guests: Sheri Schully, Ph.D., and Nguyen Park, MS, PA-C
This episode was sponsored by the All of Us Research Program, from the National Institutes of Health. The program is inviting one million people across the U.S. to help build one of the most diverse health databases in history. Learn more at joinallofus.org.
- NIH website – All of Us Research Program
- All of Us Research Program – joinallofus.org
- All of Us Research Hub
- Society of PAs in Genetics and Genomics
- AAPA – PAs: Get Involved in Genetics to Help Patients
- AAPA – PAs Say Genetics and Genomics Key to Patient Diagnosis and Treatment
- Arizona Daily Star – The Heart of the Matter: Discover how research has altered medical approaches and why it has the potential to improve the health of generations to come.
- The Conversation – Scientists are on a path to sequencing 1 million human genomes and use big data to unlock genetic secrets
- HealthITAnalytics – “All of Us” Aims to Expand Tribal Engagement for Precision Medicine
- HealthITAnalytics – Exploring the Intersection of Genomic Data and AI in Healthcare
- OUPblog – Addressing health inequity in disparities of cancer outcomes
- STAT – As All of Us moves to diversify medicine, its tech partners push to democratize research
- WKOW – National research program returns first results to local participants
- Birmingham Times – All of Us Research: Why Some Get Sick, And Others Are in Great Health
Vital Minds is a podcast of the PA Foundation, a national nonprofit organization that promotes better health and wellness by providing PAs and PA students with philanthropic opportunities and resources. Each Vital Minds episode features a conversation between host James Millward, an early career PA, and a guest expert on a topic of relevance to the PA and healthcare provider audience, ranging from mental health to obesity to pain management and many more.