Episode 21 – February 2021
Topic: Health Inequities: Understanding Data and Bridging the Care Gap
Host: Andrea Lowe, PA-C
Guest: Deanna Bridge Najera, PA-C, and Tori Marsh, MPH
Support for this episode is provided by GoodRx, a company that believes everyone deserves affordable and convenient healthcare, with a focus on helping people find the best care at the best price. Through technology they provide Americans, regardless of income or insurance status, the knowledge, choice and care to stay healthy.
- GoodRx – ‘Vaccine Deserts’ Threaten to Prolong COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout and Widen Disparities
- GoodRx white paper – The Effect of Income on Prescription Fill Patterns
- GoodRx – Live Updates: January 2021 Drug Price Increases
- GoodRx – Health Insurance Aside, Americans Still Struggle to Pay for Their Medications
- GoodRx – Why Don’t Patients Fill Their Prescriptions?
- HRSA Data Warehouse – Find a Health Center
- Harriet A. Washington – Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present
- Kaiser Family Foundation/The Undefeated – Survey on Race and Health
- The Health Disparities Podcast – Black Physician Assistants Matter: A “JEDI” discussion
Vital Minds is a podcast of the PA Foundation, a national nonprofit organization that promotes better health and wellness by providing PAs and PA students with philanthropic opportunities and resources. Each Vital Minds episode features a conversation between host James Millward, an early career PA, and a guest expert on a topic of relevance to the PA and healthcare provider audience, ranging from mental health to obesity to pain management and many more.