Vital Minds is a podcast of the PA Foundation, a national nonprofit organization that promotes better health and wellness by providing PAs and PA students with philanthropic opportunities and resources. Each Vital Minds episode features a conversation between host James Millward, an early career PA, and a guest expert on a topic of relevance to the PA and healthcare provider audience, ranging from mental health to obesity to pain management and many more.
Episode 19 – January 2021
Topic: Mind Shift: Taking Whole-Person Care From Concept to Practice
Host: James Millward, DMSc, PA-C
Guests: Amber Danielecki Buzzi, MSPAS, PA-C, and Phyllis Peterson, MPAS, PA-C
This episode of Vital Minds is a collaborative effort between the nccPA Health Foundation and the PA Foundation and is part of the PArtners in Mental Health Initiative. This initiative leverages a collective impact change strategy to improve the nation’s health by advancing the roles of PAs and strengthening partnerships to address issues impacting mental health and substance use disorders. Achieving that goal means encouraging all PAs, regardless of discipline or practice setting, to be champions of mental healthcare and to reduce the stigma associated with mental illness. Join the movement today.
- nccPA Health Foundation – Mental Health
- SMI Adviser
- SMI Adviser – My Mental Health Crisis Plan app
- American Psychiatric Association – “New app will help people with serious mental illness develop a crisis plan”
- American Hospital Association – Behavioral Health Integration: Treating the Whole Person
- Medical Group Management Association – Integrated behavioral health in a clinical primary care setting
- HRSA Health Center Program – Behavioral Health and Primary Care Integration
- HealthAffairs – How We Are Integrating Behavioral Health Into Primary Care