Vital Minds is a podcast of the PA Foundation, a national nonprofit organization that promotes better health and wellness by providing PAs and PA students with philanthropic opportunities and resources. Each Vital Minds episode features a conversation between host James Millward, an early career PA, and a guest expert on a topic of relevance to the PA and healthcare provider audience, ranging from mental health to obesity to pain management and many more.
Episode 14 – February 2020
Topic: Beyond the Baby Blues: Addressing Postpartum Depression
Guests: Kathleen Ehrhardt, MMS, PA-C, and Jacob Wills, PA-C
This episode of Vital Minds is a collaborative effort between the nccPA Health Foundation and the PA Foundation and is part of the PArtners in Mental Health Initiative. This initiative leverages a collective impact change strategy to improve the nation’s health by advancing the roles of PAs and strengthening partnerships to address issues impacting mental health and substance use disorders. Achieving that goal means encouraging all PAs, regardless of discipline or practice setting, to be champions of mental healthcare and to reduce the stigma associated with mental illness. Join the movement today.
- nccPA Health Foundation – Mental Health
- CDC – “Depression Among Women”
- National Institute of Mental Health – “Postpartum Depression Facts”
- Psychiatry & Behavioral Health Learning Network – “Counseling Interventions Can Prevent Perinatal Depression”
- Postpartum Support International
- SMI Adviser – “What treatments are available for postpartum depression, or depression after childbirth?”
- SMI Adviser – “Using Antidepressants in Pregnancy”
- SMI Adviser – “Perinatal Psychiatry”
- Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale