Vital Minds is a podcast of the PA Foundation, a national nonprofit organization that promotes better health and wellness by providing PAs and PA students with philanthropic opportunities and resources. Each Vital Minds episode features a conversation between host James Millward, an early career PA, and a guest expert on a topic of relevance to the PA and healthcare provider audience, ranging from mental health to obesity to pain management and many more.
Episode 10 – January 2019
Topic: Addressing Addiction in PA Practice
Guest: Gianni Migliaccio, PA-C
Support for this episode of Vital Minds is provided by Indivior, a global specialty pharmaceutical company with a 20-year legacy of patient advocacy and health policy, as well as education on evidence-based treatment models.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Society of PAs in Addiction Medicine
- The Commonwealth Fund – “In Focus: Expanding Access to Addiction Treatment Through Primary Care”
- Harvard Medical School CME Online – “Understanding Addiction”